jueves, 17 de febrero de 2011

How to configure GoldenDict to pronounce words using Forvo (play words in background with VLC)

How to configure GoldenDict to pronounce words using Forvo
(play words in background with VLC)
***************
You can configure GoldenDict to use Forvo in order to pronounce the words.
I did it this way:

0) I suppose that you have installed GoldenDict (and have fed it with several dictionaries)
1) Create your own account on Forvo.com
2) Get an API code (it is free but restricted to pronounce 1000 words a day)
3) In GoldenDict|Edit|Dictionaries|Sources|Forvo (Enable pronunciations from Forvo,insert your API key got previously from Forvo.com, and introduce the language/s code/s you want)
4) In GoldenDict|Edit|Preferences|Audio I use VideoLan Player (vlc)
5) Enjoy!

Really, I use a script to play audio files with vlc without being annoyed by the opening of the window.
The script (named vlcg.sh) contains:
vlc -I dummy $1 vlc://quit
This way the WAV audio file created by GoldenDict+Forvo in /tmp is played in background nicely! ;)

By ebarrab (for my LANGUAGE EXCHANGE GROUP ON FACEBOOK)

This info was created by myself and it is saved in my Dropbox (may be more up to date):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/482931/eoi/cuarto/goldendict-forvo-configuration-by-ebarrab.txt

3 comentarios: